Saturday, January 31, 2015

Fairy Tail




Hello readers!
         
          I recently finished an ongoing anime series called Fairy Tail and I have to say, it was nowhere near a disappointment. The series captivates you with its’ hilarious dialog and you almost never know anymore information about what is going on than any of the other characters know so each episode you learn with them. Episode after episode keeps you wondering what will happen next and is consistently bringing you back for more. I was first introduced to the series while exploring YouTube. I had stumbled upon the movie “Fairy Tail The Movie: The Phoenix Priestess”. The title itself sparked interest in me and from there on I set off to watch the rest of the searies.
The first episode begins in the Kingdom of Fiore with seventeen year old Lucy Heatfilia, a celestial wizard who is kind hearted, a little clumsy, and a bit of a noob when it comes to magic. She sets out to join the wizard guild Fairy Tail that is based in the town of Magnolia and is full of free spirited wizards like Natsu Dragneel, the dragon slaying wizard and son of the infamous dragon Igneel, and his partner Happy, who is ultimately the cutest flying cat you'll ever see. Through out each season you not only meet new wizards with their own individual type of magic and explore different guilds around the kingdom, you learn the backstories of our main characters from the Fairy Tail Guild and episode-by-episode they face each of their individual problems not only as a guild, but also as a family.
This series has always put me on the edge of my seat always finding myself with the feeling that at one point my favorite characters are doomed, but I always find myself surprised when they find the most clever ways to get out of the deepest and darkest situation. Whenever it seemed as if there was no hope, they never give up and always strive to “live on”. The reason I love to watch anime’s so much is that sometimes a character you grow to love doesn’t survive and it teaches you that not everyone is invincible. The series “Fairy Tail” has taught me a different lesson. If at one point a character thinks that they need to sacrifice their life to protect their friends or for someone else’s happiness you can always count on Natsu Dragneel to stop them and make sure they remember that they need to “live on”. He has consistently said throughout the series “We need to live on. Not just for ourselves, but for our friends”. Natsu teaches us that we don’t always need to sacrifice our lives, happiness, or well being for the sake of others. The mistakes people make do not define them. “We need to live on” and redeem ourselves through the actions and choices we make there on out.
As I continue to watch the anime I have only begun to read the manga made by the brilliant Hiro Mashima. I look forward to finishing the series and am excited for the anime to continue. If you have the time I highly recommend watching all of the episodes. For all the manga readers and anime watchers out there you will not be disappointed.


Seleção out!
-Takizawa


No comments:

Post a Comment